What Personal Data do we collect and why
3. When you register or use the Website, we ask you to provide certain Personal Data (such as your name, your Organisation name, your email address and contact details). When Advisers purchase access to the Services we may collect certain other information such as your credit card or bank details and other information about your Organisation, such as the number of employees and any specialisms. When Advisers or Customers use the Services we will collect financial information about Customers including salary, investments, savings, insurance, and financial goals.
4. The main purposes for which we process and store this Personal Data are:
- To set up services for Advisers and their Organisations
- To process data and provide analysis for Advisers based on their Customers’ data
- To contact Advisers to discuss their interest in our Company and the Services we provide
- To send Advisers and their Organisations information regarding our company, services, promotions, news and events
- To allow Advisers and their Organisations to purchase access to the Services
- To allow Advisers to modify the analysis provided by the Services
- To monitor, maintain, improve and administer the Website
- To enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles
- To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Full details of the purposes are set out in our Data Protection registration.
5. Except where we explicitly state at the time we request the information we do not disclose to any third party the Personal Data provided.
6. Any information provided by you will be treated in accordance with Data Protection Act, 1998 and all related regulations.
7. We will not review, share, distribute or print Customers’ Personal Data except with the Customer’s Adviser or their Organisation. Individual records may be viewed or accessed only for the purposes of resolving a problem, support issue, or suspected violation of the terms and conditions of use, or as may be required by law.
8. When you interact with our Website we also collect information about you including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, IP address.
9. We may also send a cookie to your computer, which is a file stored on your hard drive by your web browser containing information such as your user name and session identifiers. Cookies do not identify you personally, they only identify your browser. Cookies are used so we can identify whether you are a registered user, and if so, to direct you to the appropriate part of the Website.
Security of your Personal Data
10. We use security measures on our Website and Services to ensure the safety of your Personal Data and to protect against misuse, loss and alteration of your Personal Data under our control. These include server authentication, data encryption, a secure Website hosting environment, firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference from external intruders. When our Services are accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects information using both server encryption and data encryption to help ensure that data is safe, secure and available only to you.
11. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Data, including the security measures mentioned above, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the security implications of providing your data online and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
12. You can access other websites via links from our Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites which you should check yourself.
Communications between us
13. We may monitor and record communication between us (including but not limited to telephone calls and electronic communication) for the purpose of addressing queries and ensuring security and compliance with our legal and regulatory duties.
14. Any electronic communications from us to you will not be encrypted, so may be intercepted by a third party. So we will never ask you for nor should you ever send us security details or Personal Details by email.
15. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may disclose such information as we consider necessary to comply with any reporting, legal or regulatory requirements.
16. If at any time after registering for information or ordering Services from us, you change your mind about receiving information from us, send us a request specifying your new choice to email@example.com
Obtaining copies of and changing your Personal Data
17. If you wish to see a copy of your Personal Data held by us please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Distribution Technology Limited, Sovereign House, Vastern Road, Reading, RG1 8BT
18. We will delete or amend any Personal Data which is found to be incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant in accordance with the Act. Please write to the Data Protection Officer above if you are aware of any changes that should be made.