Are you a bright and talented individual, who is keen to develop and grow their career further?
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer whose primary focus will be to build and enhance our core, market-leading suite of products.
Dynamic Planner is a well-established suite of web-based applications dealing with financial planning – aimed primarily at Financial Advisers. Our software is used by over 1,900 firms, who have over 2,100 active sessions each day.
||There is a strong sense of camaraderie within the Development and Testing teams. Finding the right person who fits the team is as important as their technical skills. It’s essential that everyone:
- Has a passion and enthusiasm for writing good code
- Is great at teamwork
- Thrives on a challenge
- Is flexible and able to adapt to most situations
- Takes responsibility for completing tasks, and takes pride in their work
- Has a drive to do the right thing
- Is willing to challenge and ask questions
- Has a desire to learn and grow
||Principal software developer
- To undertake development task which principally focus on building and enhancing Dynamic Planner.
- Provide technical capability and support to both internal- and customer-funded projects whilst ensuring progress and quality.
- Support efforts to grow the business by constantly striving to improve its service to customers (internal and external), processes and efficiency.
- Working with project team, customers and other members of the delivery team to create and build solutions using the Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Mentoring and training of developers and colleagues where appropriate
- Designing, developing and maintaining usable software solutions in conjunction with colleagues and customers.
- Efficiently creating performant, secure and maintainable code that meets requirements in user stories.
- Ensuring code re-use where applicable and documenting and sharing ideas to improve team and organisation performance.
- Peer reviewing designs and code of any developers regardless of seniority and likewise to ensure that one’s own designs and code are reviewed. Work must meet development standards such as naming conventions, commenting and presentation to enable other team members to easily understand system design and behaviour.
- Providing technical capability and guidance for projects and being accountable for that assigned work is completed to high quality before the end of the sprint.
- Providing open and accurate progress reporting. Communicating issues and obstacles as they arise.
- Working with project managers and other developers to create feasible schedules/task lists/estimates and making all possible reasonable effort to deliver features and code in line with those estimates.
- To create documentation for use in training other developers where appropriate that describes how application features are designed and implemented.
- Undertake manual/automated unit and regression tests to incrementally increase code coverage and quality and with a view to maintaining the integrity of the code base.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Successfully implemented solutions
- Secure, performant, high quality software with consistently low fault rate
- Technical documentation
- Up to date task lists
- Sprint team
- Development team
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills
- Mature development practices
- Personal time management
- Good communication
- Development using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server
- Understanding of the .NET Core platform, particularly MVC, C# and MS SQL Server
- Understanding of good software design principles
- Understanding of secure coding principles
- Knowledge of other platforms and alternative methodologies
- Solid understanding of good user interface design
- Good communicator with clear and concise written ability
- Lateral thinker
- Attention to detail
- Good leadership skills. Ability to work with little supervision
|Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Six years of relevant commercial experience
Please email your CV and covering letter outlining why you are perfect for this role (with the job title in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distribution Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Please be advised that only candidates with the eligibility to live and work in the UK can be considered for this role. Job Application Privacy Notice.